Maffei Vein Center Now Using VenaCure EVLT Laser System
Dr. Maffei and the Maffei Vein Center are happy to announce that they are now using the VenaCure EVLT laser vein treatment procedure that uses targeted laser energy to seal the damaged vein shut.
The VenaCure EVLT treatment eliminates unsightly varicose veins with no hospital stay or general anesthesia, minimal-to-no scarring, no lengthy recovery and minimal-to-no side effects. In most cases, in less than an hour you can be free from bulging, twisted varicose veins and back to enjoying your everyday activities. The VenaCure EVLT procedure is safe, fast and effective with more than a 95% success rate, and is typically covered by insurance.
More than half a million people have been treated with the VenaCure EVLT system worldwide and it has now become the standard of care in the US for the treatment of varicose veins.
Here’s how it works:
- Dr. Maffei uses ultrasound to map out your vein.
- Local anesthetic is applied.
- A thin laser fiber is inserted through a tiny entry point.
- Laser energy is delivered to seal the faulty vein.
- Walking immediately after the procedure is encouraged. Normal daily activity can be resumed; just avoid rigorous activities such as gym workouts.
- There may be minor soreness and bruising 2–5 days after the procedure. Any discomfort can be treated with over-the-counter pain relievers as necessary.